- Curriculum vitae
- Numerical methods for dense gas-particle flows
- CFD codes for multiphase flow applications
- Quadrature-based uncertainty quantification
- Frictional models for dense gas-particle flows
- Large eddy simulation models
- Quadrature-based moment methods for gas-particle flows
- Tools for quadrature-based methods
I am pleased to announce the release of GeekoCFD 2.2.0, which brings an updated image with OpenFOAM® 2.0.x (x >= 1), an updated ThirdParty package for OpenFOAM and openSUSE security updates, including Firefox 5. The images can be downloaded from SUSE Studio.
Additionally, GeekoCFD 2.2.0 brings a smaller version: GeekoCFD text mode, which provides easy access to OpenFOAM for systems without a graphical user interface. GeekoCFD text mode is based on openSUSE 11.4 JeOS (Just enough operating system) 64 bit, and only provides the base system, the C/C++ development tools, and OpenFOAM, with its dependencies.As a consequence, the disk space requirements are significantly smaller if compared to the full version of GeekoCFD.
GeekoCFD text mode boots at run-level 3, with network. SuSEFirewall is running, and the SSH port is open to ensure you can access to your machine remotely.
GeekoCFD text mode is available in the following formats:
- USB & flash image
- Live DVD
- Hard drive image (to create pre-installed systems)
- Virtual images:
- VMWare®, VirtualBox, KVM (vmdk)
- Open Virtualization Format (ovf)
- Amazon EC2®
Many thanks to SUSE Studio, which makes building distributions a straightforward operation, and provides such a wide variety of formats.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, the producer of the OpenFOAM software and owner of the OPENFOAM® and OpenCFD® trade marks. Alberto Passalacqua is not associated to OpenCFD Ltd.